The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino is a hotel-casino located in Las Vegas, Nevada. The property has a 646 room hotel and 30,000ft² (3,000m²) casino. The hotel will undergo a major expansion to be completed in 2009.
The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino is an expansion of the Hard Rock Cafe franchise.
It is known for its youthful appeal, elaborate swimming pool area (home of Rehab), and exclusive nightclub Body English. Along with The Palms (another off-strip resort) the Hard Rock both appeals to the 21 to 30 crowd and those who enjoy the Neo-retro feel of Las Vegas.
Send by: bollilo
The Las Vegas Hilton is a hotel, casino, and convention center in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is a joint venture between Colony Capital, which owns 60 percent, and New York City-based REIT Whitehall Street Real Estate Funds, which owns the remaining 40 percent. With 3,174 hotel rooms, this off-Strip hotel is the largest Hilton Hotel in the world and one of the largest hotel-casinos in Las Vegas. Located on 64 acres (324,000 m²), it has a 100,000 square foot (9,000 m²) casino and is also home to the largest sports book in Las Vegas.
The hotel is located next to the Las Vegas Convention Center and with its own 150,000 square foot convention center.
The hotel also houses Star Trek: The Experience and is a stop on the Las Vegas Monorail.
Send by: bollilo
The Stratosphere Las Vegas is a hotel and casino located on the Las Vegas Strip in Las Vegas, Nevada, owned by American Casino & Entertainment Properties which is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Real Estate Partners. The hotel offers 2,444 rooms and an 80,000 square foot (7,000 m²) casino. The Stratosphere tower is the tallest observation tower in the United States.
The Stratosphere is the northernmost of the major Strip casinos and the only one actually in the City of Las Vegas, as the rest of the strip south of Sahara Avenue is in the suburbs of Paradise and Winchester. Following its completion in 1996 it was initially less popular than first envisioned due to its location on the extreme north end of the strip, far away from the most popular hotel casinos. But its low room prices and unique offerings eventually ensured its success. While many tourists consider its location to be inconvenient, others feel the location is an advantage since it is equidistant between the more popular strip casinos and the downtown area (which includes the Fremont Street Experience).
The Sahara Hotel and Casino is a hotel casino located on the Las Vegas Strip in Winchester, Nevada. The Moroccan-themed hotel has 1,720 rooms and a casino covering more than 85,000 square feet (7,896 m²), and sits on 55 acres (174,000 m²) including the empty adjoining land. The hotel is the northernmost stop for the Las Vegas Monorail. The Sahara is the last remaining "Rat Pack" hotel, and is the northernmost resort on the east side of the Las Vegas Strip. The porte-cochere entrance, topped by an onion-dome minaret, is designed to set the Moroccan theme for arriving guests.
The hotel was opened in 1952 by Milton Prell just outside of the City of Las Vegas, and was the sixth resort to open on the Strip. The resort was built by Del Webb.
In late 1954, the hotel hired jazz musician Louis Prima to be their late night lounge act, one of the earliest ones on the Las Vegas Strip. Along with his then wife Keely Smith and sax player Sam Butera, they created one of the hottest latenight attractions on the Strip.
The Riviera, or "The Riv," is a hotel and casino located on the famed Las Vegas Strip in Winchester, Nevada. The hotel has over 2,100 rooms, many located in a 23-story tower. The casino has over 110,000 square feet (9,000 m²) of space.
The hotel is owned and operated by Riviera Holdings Corporation, which announced on April 6, 2006 that it was being acquired by Riv Acquisition Holdings, a private investment group that includes real estate developers Neil Bluhm, Barry Sternlicht, Paul Kanavos and Scott Butera (president of the acquisition group). However, on August 29, shareholders rejected the Riv Acquisition offer of $17 a share.
The Riviera is often chosen as a shooting location due to its lack of any discernable "theme". Portions of the following features were filmed at The Riviera: